Burlington County Burn Injury Attorney
Need Help With a Burn Injury Case?
According to The American Burn Association National Burn Repository, in 2011, burn injuries receiving medical treatment were 450,000, including 3500 burn deaths from residential fires and 500 from other sources, such as motor vehicle and aircraft crashes, and contact with electricity, chemicals or hot liquids.
Groups at increased risk of fire-related injuries and deaths include:
- Children 4 and under (CDC 2010; Flynn 2010);
- Older Adults ages 65 and older (CDC 2010; Flynn 2010);
- African Americans and Native Americans (CDC 2010; Flynn 2010);
- The poorest Americans (Istre 2001; Flynn 2010);
- Persons living in rural areas (Ahrens 2003; Flynn 2010);
- Persons living in manufactured homes or substandard housing (Runyan 1992; Parker 1993).
Fire and burn injuries represent 1% of the incidence of injuries and 2% of the total costs of injuries, or $7.5 billion each year (Finkelstein et al. 2006).
- Males account for $4.8 billion (64%) of the total costs of fire/burn injuries.
- Females account for $2.7 billion (36%) of the total costs of fire/burn injuries.
- Fatal fire and burn injuries cost $3 billion, representing 2% of the total costs of all fatal injuries.
- Hospitalized fire and burn injuries total $1 billion, or 1% of the total cost of all hospitalized injuries.
- Non-hospitalized fire and burn injuries cost $3 billion, or 2% of the total cost of all non-hospitalized injuries.
If you have been involved in an accident and have been badly burned, we are here to help. We are experienced personal injury lawyers and can help you get the compensation that you deserve. The Costello Law Firm has the expertize you need to successfully receive the care you or your loved ones are entitled to. Before you talk to the insurance company get someone on your side who knows your rights. Our compassionate approach and thorough understanding of New Jersey law makes us the best choice for you and your loved ones
“Costello Law Firm was great from start to finish. Chris was referred to me by a friend. He was part of a list of firms that were in line to take my case. Of all the attorneys that I interviewed to take my case, Chris provided a feeling of professionalism and honesty.”
– Scott M.